Today. Not exactly this time, but 18 years ago, I was born. Every year on my birthday, I would recount whether I had a fruitful year or not. And every year, regret is all I could remember. This year, on the other hand, I think I was able to maximize my 17 year old life. Its not that I do not have regrets, of course I do, but I think the happy memories I made impacted me so much more. So here is the run down of what I have achieved in my 17th year:
1. I became a member of an organization and endured a painstaking application process.
2. I had my first summer class in my life (not due to failing grades, but just because i wnated to.)
3. I had my highest general weighted average, so far.
4. I went to China for a convention.
5. I went to Bicol, rode ATVs, climbed a volcano and a mountain.
6. Etc. I could not remember all of them….
and for the past three days, I have been partying…
1. Friday night: our organization’s dance competition. It is our organization’s biggest event. I got home at around 11 pm.
2. Saturday Night: I went to our organization’s semi-formal party, and got to meet a lot of alumni members. We had fun, games, danced. I was not able to join them in going to the after-party since I was still a minor at those times. I got home at around 11 pm too.
3. Sunday Night: I treated my high school friends to dinner. It was much like a small reunion. It was really fun. I do hope they had fun too. I got home at around 11 again.
I do not think there is a need to mention my regrets. because I think I would just be sad as I remember those events. I do not want to spoil my own birthday!
Finally 18 and legal!